This is a Google Earth interactive map showing the locations of all operating and proposed renewable energy power stations in Australia. Each location is represented by name and an icon corresponding to the type of energy used. Students can click on the icon to see basic information about the ownership and location of the facility.
Queensland Resources Council wishes to acknowledge the considerable assistance provided by Geoscience Australia in the provision of these maps.
NB: To view this map, Google Earth is required. To download Google Earth, go to http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html Educational value statement
Key learning objectives
- Uses data supplied by the Australian Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
- Students can select which types of power station are displayed
- Students can access street view for some locations
- Can be downloaded as a KML file.
- Students investigate the locations of operating and proposed renewable energy power stations in Australia.
- Students identify the renewable energy resources used to generate electricity in Australia
- Students use geographical information systems to locate and explore places.
- Science Understanding: Earth and space sciences; Physical sciences
- (Geographical knowledge and understanding: Place)
- (Geographical skills)
Australian Curriculum content statements