In this interactive diagram, students learn how a power station works. Students build the coal fired energy plant by dragging images into the correct position and in the correct order, then select captions to match.
Educational value statement
- Shows the main components and processes in a coal-fired power station
- Includes explanations of the functions of each component
- Provides some basic feedback to students.
Key learning objectives
- Students explain how energy from coal can be used to generate electricity
- Students recognise that energy appears in different forms including movement (kinetic energy), heat and potential energy, and causes change within systems.
Science Understanding: Physical sciences.
Australian Curriculum content statements
Science: ACSSU219; ACSSU155