This is a Google Earth interactive map showing the locations of oil, gas and coal seam gas fields in Queensland. Each location is represented by name and an icon corresponding to the type of resource. Students can click on the icon to see basic information about the location and operator of the field.
Queensland Resources Council wishes to acknowledge the considerable assistance provided by Geoscience Australia in the provision of these maps.
NB: To view this map, Google Earth is required. To download Google Earth, go to http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html Educational value statement
Key learning objectives
- Students can select which types of fields are displayed
- Students can zoom in to display the boundaries of each field.
- Can be downloaded as a KML file.
- Students investigate the locations of oil and gas fields in Queensland.
- Students use geographical information systems to locate and explore places.
Australian Curriculum content statements
- Science Understanding: Earth and space sciences
- (Geographical knowledge and understanding: Place)
- (Geographical skills)