This animation has been developed by Geoscience Australia to illustrate the carbon dioxide capture, transportation and storage process.
Educational value statement
- Reviews the carbon capture and storage process and the place it plays in a low carbon energy future
- Includes numerous animated sequences and visuals showing industrial processes
- The video can be downloaded as a MPG file.
Key learning objectives
- Students describe how carbon capture and storage operates from generation, through to capture, transportation and storage.
- Students describe the energy options for a low carbon energy future.
- Science Understanding: Earth and space sciences; Physical sciences
- Science as a Human Endeavour: Use and influence of science
- (Geographical knowledge and understanding: Environment).
Australian Curriculum content statements
Science: ACSSU219; ACSSU116; ACSHE120; ACSHE121