This is a video showing a collection of young people in the Queensland mining industry who talk about their lives and careers.
Educational value statement
- Presents an attractive view of work and life as a scientist or engineer in the mining industry
- Includes mining engineers, a metallurgist, a planning engineer, a surveyor, an environmental scientist, a production engineer and a community relations manager
- Shows four male and four female professionals
- Can be downloaded as a Flash video file.
Key learning objectives
- Students identify aspects of science, engineering and technology within careers in the mining industry.
- Science as a Human Endeavour: Use and influence of science.
Australian Curriculum content statements
Science: ACSHE224; ACSHE227