The Minerals Council of Australia is acknowledged as the provider of this resource.
This is a lesson plan in which students examine land use in Australia and in their own school. It includes worksheets for three student activities. Students explore existing land use and make predictions about future requirements. Educational value statement
- Asks students to calculate and use maps and pie graphs to represent data.
- Includes suggestions for data sources
- Includes two recommended student activities and one extension activity.
Key learning objectives
- Students interpret data tables and maps
- Students use graphs and maps to represent and analyse land use patterns
- Students make predictions about future land use patterns.
Australian Curriculum content statements (explicit)
- Geographical Skills
- Science Inquiry Skills: Processing and analysing data and information
; ACSIS145 Australian Curriculum content statements (implicit or able to be connected)