Identify metals based on their reactivity with metal ions in solution. This is an activity sheet providing instructions for an experiment based on the metal activity series. It includes a blank data table and photograph of the experimental setup. Educational value statement
Key learning objectives
- Provides an activity for students to apply a knowledge of the activity series or redox reactions.
- Asks students to make observations, record them systematically and draw conclusions.
- Can be downloaded as a PDF or MSWord file.
- Students investigate the chemical activity of metals
- Students use word or symbol equations to represent chemical reactions
- Students analyse patterns in data and draw conclusions that are consistent with evidence.
Australian Curriculum content statements
- Science Understanding: Chemical sciences
- Science Inquiry Skills: Planning and conducting; Processing and analysing data and information.