This is a worksheet containing images and descriptions of the stages in a coal-fired power station. Students cut out the images and descriptions to arrange them in the correct sequence.
Educational value statement
- Allows students to demonstrate the sequence of stages and energy conversions in a power station.
- Can be used in conjunction with Oresome Resources' 'Coal Fired Energy Plant Interactive'
- Can be downloaded as a PDF or MS Word file.
Key learning objectives
- Students explain how energy from coal can be used to generate electricity
- Students recognise that energy appears in different forms including movement (kinetic energy), heat and potential energy, and causes change within systems
- Students explain the stages and energy conversions that occur in a coal-fired power station.
- Science Understanding: Physical sciences
- Sciuence as a Human Endeavour: Nature and development of science
Australian Curriculum content statements (explicit)
Science: ACSSU219; ACSSU155; ACSHE050; ACSHE061
Australian Curriculum content statements (implicit or able to be connected)