This fact sheet explores the environmental issues associated
with uranium mining in Australia. What are the potential
risks to the environment with uranium mining and how are
governments and mining operators currently collaborating to
manage these risks? Find out how mining companies seek
approvals for mining plants and what is required of them
before, during and after the operation.
- Explains potential risks to environment of uranium
- Explains current management practices that aim to reduce
impact on environment and focus on safety for workers.
- Explains the processes mining companies must undertake to
negotiate for project approval.
- Students describe the environmental risks associated with
- Students describe the waste products of uranium mining
and how these are managed.