Find out how to use froth to separate minerals from unwanted
rock. This is an activity sheet giving instructions for a
simple experiment which demonstrates how froth flotation
works. It includes a blank data table.
- Illustrates a process that is important in minerals
- Asks students to make observations, record them
systematically and draw conclusions.
- Can be downloaded as a PDF file.
Key learning objectives
- Students use equipment and materials safely, identifying
- Students explain how froth flotation works and compare it
with other techniques of physical separation
- Students suggest improvements to the method used to
investigate a question.
- Science Understanding: Chemical sciences
- Science Inquiry Skills: Planning and conducting;