This is a fact sheet that provides information about the
techniques used in underground mining and how the
environmental impacts are managed.
- Includes descriptions of stope mining, block caving, room
and pillar mining and longwall mining
- Includes a table listing environmental impacts of
underground mining and describing how each impact is managed.
- Can be downloaded as a MS Word file.
- Students describe some techniques of underground mining
- Students explain how environmental impacts of underground
mining can be managed
- Science Understanding: Earth and space sciences
- Science as a Human Endeavour: Use and influence of
- Geographical knowledge and understanding