In this activity students will learn what conductors and
insulators are. They will then carry out an experiment to
determine what types of materials are conductors and which
are insulators. Students will identify the properties that
the conductive materials have in common and the properties
that insulators share.
- Outlines the difference between conductors and insulators
- Provides students with an opportunity to determine what
types of materials might be conductors or insulators
- Students construct a simple electrical circuit
- Students test the conductivity of a variety of materials
- Students use their results to determine if materials are
conductors or insulators
- Students identify that conductive materials have common
properties and insulating materials have common properties.