Find out what LNG is and how it is produced and used. This is
an information sheet describing the characteristics of
liquefied natural gas (LNG) as well as how LNG is processed,
stored, transported and used. It includes an image of a LNG
- Gives details of the equipment and processes involved in
LNG processing and transport.
- Includes useful examples of the purification,
liquefaction, handling and evaporation of a volatile gas.
- Can be downloaded as a MSWord file.
- Students use their knowledge of the properties of gases
to explain processes involved in the LNG industry
- Students describe how natural gas is liquefied, stored,
transported and used as fuel.
- Science Understanding: Chemical sciences
- Science as a Human Endeavour: Use and influence of