Discover what oil shale is and where oil shale resources can
be found in Australia. Learn about oil shale’s potential as
an alternative fuel for Australia, given our decreasing
supply of crude oil resources. Discover how oil shale was
formed and learn about the process of mining oil shale.
Explains the size and location of Australia’s oil shale
resources describes the formation of oil shale
explains how oil shale is mined and what oil shale products
can be used for explains the potential of Australia’s oil
shale as a form of fuel.
- Students describe Australia’s increasing need for fuel.
- Students understand what oil shale is and how it was
formed over time.
- Students learn about the location and quantity of
Australia’s oil shale resources.
- Students describe how oil shale is mined and how it might
contribute to Australia’s fuel mix.
- Students learn about an oil shale demonstration plant in