This is a worksheet containing images and descriptions of the
stages in a coal-fired power station. Students cut out the
images and descriptions to arrange them in the correct
- Allows students to demonstrate the sequence of stages and
energy conversions in a power station.
- Can be used in conjunction with Oresome Resources’ ‘Coal
Fired Energy Plant Interactive’
- Can be downloaded as a MS Word file.
- Students explain how energy from coal can be used to
- Students recognise that energy appears in different forms
including movement (kinetic energy), heat and potential
energy, and causes change within systems
- Students explain the stages and energy conversions that
occur in a coal-fired power station.
- Science Understanding: Physical sciences
- Sciuence as a Human Endeavour: Nature and development of