Identify metals based on their reactivity with metal ions in
solution. This is an activity sheet providing instructions
for an experiment based on the metal activity series. It
includes a blank data table and photograph of the
Educational Value Statement
- Provides an activity for students to apply a knowledge of
the activity series or redox reactions.
- Asks students to make observations, record them
systematically and draw conclusions.
Key Learning Objectives
- Students investigate the chemical activity of metals
- Students use word or symbol equations to represent
- Students analyse patterns in data and draw conclusions
that are consistent with evidence.
Science Understanding : Chemical Science