Identify metals based on their reactivity with metal ions in
solution. This is an activity sheet providing instructions
for an experiment based on the metal activity series. It
includes a blank data table and photograph of the
- Provides an activity for students to apply a knowledge of
the activity series or redox reactions.
- Asks students to make observations, record them
systematically and draw conclusions.
- Can be downloaded as a PDF or MSWord file.
- Students investigate the chemical activity of metals
- Students use word or symbol equations to represent
- Students analyse patterns in data and draw conclusions
that are consistent with evidence.
- Science Understanding: Chemical sciences
- Science Inquiry Skills: Planning and conducting;
Processing and analysing data and information.