Find out how industries can reduce their carbon footprints.
This is an information sheet describing practices that can be
used by industry to make energy use more efficient and thus
reduce power bills as well as lowering greenhouse gas
emissions. A number of examples from the mining industry,
such as the redesign of dragline buckets, are given, and some
photographs are included.
Educational value statement
- Explains how energy audits can be used to identify
targets for action.
- Includes strategies that can be applied in all industries
- Can be downloaded as a MSWord file.
- Students describe strategies for increasing energy
efficiencies in industry and decide which of these can be
applied to their homes.
- Students recognise that in energy transfer and
transformation, systems are not 100% efficient and that the
efficiency of many systems can be improved.
- Students describe how science and technology can
contribute to finding solutions to the problem of greenhouse
- Science Understanding: Physical sciences
- Science as a Human Endeavour: Use and influence of